Urban Tech Connect 2020 // Forward
Southern California's Premier Tech Conference
Every human being on earth is driven by possibility. Possibility is fueled by ideas. We believe that diverse ideas from all walks of life can help expand the realm of possibility for the entire world.
The Urban Tech Connect // Forward Conference is helping bridge the gap of diverse ideation in technology. Here's what to expect:
- Fine tune your strategy for fundraising
- Target angels and VCs to raise money
- Overcome your fears and insecurities as a founder of color
- Develop your go to market strategy
- Think about opportunities in automation and how they might impact your business
- Keep it moving even when the odds are against you
- Vet alternative options to raising funds for your business
- Develop tactics and strategies for product growth
You will meet:
- Angles, VCs, & Successful Entrepreneurs
- Professional resources (Banking partners, Product Marketing, Tech Resources, Job Leads & Talent Recruitment, Legal advice, Incubators / Accelerator directors)
- Other Founders and Executives that make up LA's tech and digital media ecosystem
- City Officials, Non-Profit and Philanthropic stakeholders in Los Angeles who want to see more diverse faces in LA's innovation economy
Organizer: Plug In South Los Angeles
Venue: Nate Holding Performance Arts Theatre
Address: 4708 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016.
9:00 am – 10:00 am - Registration and Co-Working Attendees and partners are welcome to work on site in the morning & schedule meetings around the conference.
10:00 am – 11:55 am – Entrepreneurs & Founders attending the conference have an opportunity to meet Venture Capitalists during office hours (Office hours for mentoring and support)
10:00 am – 11:55 am – Opportunities in Tech for Gen Z (Panels & Talks)
12:00 pm – 12:45 pm – Power Break
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm (Breakouts, Workshops, Networking, Demos)
3: 00 pm -4:00 pm (Closing Networking Reception)
10:00 am - Opening Remarks (main stage opens)
10:30 am - 12:00 pm (Talks, panels, Fireside Chats)
12:00 pm – 12:45 pm – Power Lunch
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm (Talks, panels, Fireside Chats)
4: 00 pm - Closing Remarks
Who should attend:Founders, VCs, Angels, Technologist, Job Seekers, Executives in tech and digital media, City of LA Stakeholders, Philanthropic Leaders
Registration & Questions:
See speaker bios and learn more about the conference here.
- Limited tickets are available for those that cannot afford the UTC 2020 ticket prices. Please apply to be added to our wait list if you are a Founder and/or Student interested in attending UTC 2020.
- If you secure one of these tickets it will get you into the conference. These tickets do not include access to the Reception or VIP Networking & Socials.
- To apply for a ticket please send an email to email@example.com answering the following questions:
- If you are a founder, what is your business's name and mission? What do you hope to get out of attending UTC 2020?
- If you are a student, where are you in school? Do you aspire to be an entrepreneur? What interests you about this path? What do you hope to get out of attending UTC 2020?